Saturday, October 25, 2008

'Bi-Polar'

I am Bi-Polar, this is what I have to keep telling myself. It’s not that I forget, it’s just that when things feel normal, they are normal, which leads me to think that I am normal. Bi-polar doesn’t feel like much, it’s very sneaky for me.

I believe that civil rights and public understanding hasn’t reached the same levels as it has with other groups. If I was feeling “bi-polar” was a good excuse to people for actions, I would never be able to escape the stigma of having bi-polar actions. When I would be feeling ecstatic because I received my dream job, my mood could be labeled by other people as manic, or if someone died who was very close to me, my mood could be label just the opposite, people have a hard time knowing where it stops and where it begins; I have a hard time knowing where it stops and where it begins. This is bi-polar.

No comments: